Grand Draw Rules
1. By entering the Grand Draw, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. The cost of each entry is £1 and tickets can either be purchased in paper form or online. Players may purchase more than one entry, and payment must be in advance.
3. Not to be sold by or to anyone under 18 years of age.
4. Tickets can only be purchased by individuals in the United Kingdom except those directly involved in running the Grand Draw. Individuals based in England, Scotland and Wales can also sell tickets to others such as friends or family members. Tickets cannot be sold on the street. Due to legal reasons, tickets can only be purchased by the named individual they were sent to in Northern Ireland and cannot be sold on.
5. Children with Cancer UK reserves the right to confirm that these criteria are met and any person found not to meet these criteria will not be entered into the Grand Draw and automatically forfeits the right to any prize.
6. The Spring Grand Draw opens on 11 June 2024. All postal entries must be received by 24 May 2024. Online entries close on 24 May 2024. All winners will be selected manually on 5 April 2024 from all valid entries received by the closing date. Any entries received after the closing date will be treated as donations towards our vital work.
7. Winners will be notified within 7 working days from the draw using the contact details provided at the time of entry. In the event that contact with the winner cannot be made within three months of the draw date, or the winner is found not to meet the entry requirements, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize entitlement and award the prize to the reserve drawn at the same time as the original winner.
8. There are 153 prizes on offer. Our 1st prize is a fabulous £25,000! Our 2nd and 3rd prizes are £2,500 and £1,000 cash. There are a further 50 prizes of £50 and an additional 100 runners up prizes of £10 to be won. For those that respond to our ‘Early Bird’ draw, there is an additional 10 chances to win £50. Based upon the number of entries in our two raffles during 2022, the average chance of winning a prize for a single ticket is approximately 1 in 4,053.
9. Supporters who enter by 17 July will also be entered into an additional ‘Early Bird’ draw to win one of 10x £50 cash prizes.
10. All profits from the Grand Draw go to Children with Cancer UK. Of the ticket sales in the two Grand Draws in 2022, 26% went on expenses, 8% on prizes and a 66% helped to fund our work.
11. Children with Cancer UK is not responsible for any delays in bank payments.
12. Players are responsible for providing and (where necessary) updating Children with Cancer UK with their accurate and up to date contact details. No liability is accepted for any failure or inability to contact a player because of inaccuracies in contact details provided; loss, theft or delayed receipt of any communication sent by post; delays or failures in software or other systems used by Children with Cancer UK or its External Lottery Manager for the administration of the Grand Draw; or any event beyond the reasonable control of the Charity or its External Lottery Manager.
13. Children with Cancer UK reserves the right to use the winner’s name for promotional purposes. These will only be in summary, for example ‘Mrs Jones from Berkshire’. Please inform Children with Cancer UK if you do not want your details to be published.
14. Children with Cancer UK or its External Lottery Manager may (without giving any reason or notice) decline to accept an entry, cancel an existing subscription or terminate or suspend the Grand Draw. Children with Cancer UK operate a Complaints and Disputes Procedure which will be made available to customers upon request.
15. The rules are subject to change by Children with Cancer UK or its External Lottery Manager.
17. Children with Cancer UK accounts for supporter funds separate from company funds. This means that steps have been taken to separate supporter funds from business funds, but those funds are not protected if Children with Cancer UK becomes insolvent. This meets the Gambling Commission’s requirements for the segregation of supporter funds at the basic level of protection.
18. These terms and conditions are governed by English 17. These terms and conditions are governed by English law. The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Grand Draw or these terms and conditions. The promoter of the Grand Draw 2022 is Children with Cancer UK (Company Number: 04960054; Registered Charity Number: 298405). Responsible Person: Garth Caswell. Children with Cancer UK. Third floor, 21-27 Lamb’s Conduit Street, Holborn, London, WC1N 3NL.
19. To enter the online Grand Draw, an entrant must self-certify that they are the required age to play. A confirmation email will be sent to the entrant confirming their numbers in the draw and thanking them for their participation. Random age verification checks are carried out at regular intervals. If an entrant is found to be under the required age, their payment will be returned and they will not be entered into the draw.
20. In order to promote responsible gambling, it is recommended that no more than 60 chances are purchased per person per Grand Draw.
21. Entries must not be bought on behalf of somebody else.
22. Material changes to this raffle are not predicted to happen, but in the event that this occurs you will be notified by email 14 days in advance of them coming into effect.
If you would like more information about Grand Draws, please visit www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk
The Children with Cancer UK policy for Grand Draws can be requested by calling 0800 222 9000 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. This includes our policy on responsible gambling, underage gambling, fair and open draws and our complaints procedure.
Please gamble responsibly. If you or a family member feel that you are experiencing problems with gambling, you can seek advice and support from GambleAware on 0808 8020 133 (lines open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week) or via their website begambleware.org
Are you gambling more than you really want to? If you are worried about your gambling or that of someone close to you, Gamble Aware can provide support and information. You can contact the national helpline by calling 0808 8020 133. Lines open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Responsible Person: Garth Caswell, Third floor, 21-27 Lamb’s Conduit Street, Holborn, London, WC1N 3NL. Licensed by the Gambling Commission under the Gambling Act 2005. Licence No. 4700. Please click here for more information.